Monday, December 21, 2009

Sophie's Bday



















It was Sophie's 1st Birthday on Friday. What a crazy day! Katie had her last day of school that day also. The whole area was in an uproar because of the mere possibility of snow. Katie's school let out early (abbreviating her Christmas party planned for that afternoon). Anyhow, we did a little party for Sophie in the afternoon.


Check our her HUGE cupcake cake! Cool, huh? Hailey gave me the idea to get the mold to make it! It turned out really cute and pretty delicious too. I made the cake, the buttercream frosting for the top and the ganache for the middle and around the bottom layer. The mint chip ice cream that I filled the bottom layer with was not homemade but it was a good idea! Yum yum!


Sophie really like her presents this year (thanks Ya-ya, Grandma, Auntie Rachael, and Auntie Hailey!) but I think that Katie and Taylor are enjoying them more!! Taylor is obsessed with the airplane that Ya-ya sent. He wants to take it with us everywhere. Luckily, Sophie is really good about sharing!


After Sophie's party we went to the Christmas party at the church. We had a delicious dinner of Honeybaked ham and all the "fixin's" (even cornbread stuffing, how Southern!)and then after dessert the lights went out and we cleaned up in the dark and went home. It was nice to get home before 8pm! It's also been heavenly to have Craig home! The kids are warey of letting him out of their sight!
From the looks of the top picture, she's enjoying being one! Isn't she the cutest baby EVER right now???? We sure think so!

3 comments:

yaya said...

Happy Birthday Sophie! I'm shocked the package got there so quick!!! Great! That cake looks huge...it looks bigger than Sophie! Nice job Ames!

Phil and Amanda said...

I just saw that cake mold on T.V. and told Phil I want that for Christmas! lol! It's awesome to see it! I love Sophie's little cupcake hair thing. She is too stinkin' cute. I just want to kiss her little face off!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SOPHIE!!!

Rachael said...

Oh, she is a DARLING birthday girl. I can't believe she's already one. The cupcake is SUPER cute, too. It's HUGEmongous!! I love it!