Monday, December 14, 2009

More Holiday Fun!










































































































Get ready for lots of pictures and maybe not enough paragraph breaks! Last week for Family Home Evening we decorated the gingerbread house. Traditionally we do this while listening to the First Presidency's Christmas devotional, but with our computer up in Katie's room we just listened to Christmas music this year. It was a lot of fun though. It's been wonderful that this year we're old enough to do stuff together without making too much of a horrible mess. After decorating the gingerbread house we had fancy cupcakes for our family home evening treats! That was cool!

Tuesday night I had Bunco so the kids got to enjoy a babysitter! Also Katie lost her tooth finally! I guess it came out while she was eating popcorn. She's waiting to show it to daddy before she gives it to the Tooth Fairy.

The pictures of Sophie and Taylor are just because they are so cute. Taylor looks like a kid from the Gapkids commercial this year with my scarf on, and Sophie's little Christmas dress was so cute last Sunday.

This past Friday after having a crummy day, we went out to Red Robin for dinner. (After meeting with Katie's teacher, her speech therapist and psychologist to learn that she doesn't have a learning disability, but yet she is not performing well in school so they think she has ADD) . It was really fun. Taylor was super hungry and ate everything in sight (milk shake first, corn dog and two huge cantalope slices). I love eating dinner at 4pm!

After dinner we went over to Office Max and Katie and Taylor each got a new box of crayons ($.50!)and I got some Christmas shopping done. Then for fun we walked through Petsmart. Katie really wants Santa to bring her a "real bunny" this year, but Santa understands that when a family is moving, it's not a good time to be adopting pets. They did have fun posing where Santa usually sits to get his picture taken with peoples' dogs! HA! That was Katie's idea! "Hey Taylor, let's pretend to be dogs and get our picture taken!!" SO AWESOME!
The picture of Sophie in her carseat is to show off her first experience with a forward facing carseat! Hurray!
The picture of Sophie in the chair with the other two babies is our "second hour club" at church. Two of my friends had baby girls this year and we're usually in the mother's lounge together. I'm so sad to be leaving the best ward ever. I think maybe I'll start wearing all black everyday in mourning or maybe an armband.
The kids looked so cute yesterday at church I made them pose for pix in front of the Christmas tree after church. You can see that Sophie was not loving it. Cute twinner santa dresses on Katie and Sophie, huh! I bought that santa dress for Katie before Sophie was even a twinkle in my eye! Worked out pretty smooth this year though! Taylor's little blazer was a 75% off find at the consignment store last Tuesday! SWEET!







8 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

I love all of the pictures! and especially the new family pic up top. the dog picture, too. How's everything with no hubby? sorry about the lame-o day and the info on katie. Days like that are nearly impossible without a husband. I love your gingerbread decorating tradition while listening to the christmas devo (even if you improvised this year!)- I think we'll have to steal that one for our family next year. Oh- and I don't think that ikey has roseola because he had a headache and body aches (I think) and congestion. His fever did break this morning though! My guess is a mild case of h1n1. Since he's so young he still needs a booster vaccine and the first one probably just helped shorten the illness. All symptoms were classic swine flu.

LauraJ said...

What a beautiful family! The kids are adorable - it was really fun to see the pictures and hear the update. It was also great to chat the other day - we are very excited you will be "closer"!

Donna said...

The Christmas outfits are really cute but LOVE Sophie's argyle sweater!!! -and her green dress!!! Adorable...all!!

Steve and Hailey said...

Oh that was so awesome! I love that Katie and Taylor pretended to be dogs! We love walking through pet stores and Jack got his first pet (a beta that I would love to give someone, but apparently they don't get along with other fish-lame!). Steve only bought the fish because of a project for his students. They named the fish Bonesaw.

I love Sophie's green Christmas dress and I love the new family picture at the top of the blog. It's awesome and a much better size.

You have a picture of Sophie in a maroon chair...mother's room at church??? We have the same nasty chairs! I think mother's rooms throughout the church could use some major attention. That is my platform!

I can't believe how much Taylor ate. Great! Now, I must have so much to say that I should just call you and finish up! Love you!

yaya said...

Super cute pics! I love the Christmas dresses and Taylor's little jacket too.Just a note about pets...rabbits that is...Dad is super allergic to them. (one way to keep the family rif raf away!)We enjoyed having Craig this weekend but he really misses you guys.

rachel said...

Love the new blog picture, Ames. You are all so gosh darn cute. I love you!

Rachael said...

So glad that there is some silver lining in all these LONG days without Craig around. I can't believe that all Katie's great supportive teachers and therapists are bailing on you now!! I hope you find better help in Michigan. ADD? Seriously?! That's what they say when they don't know. I LOVE that Katie and Taylor pretended to be dogs. Such clever AND cute kids you have, Amy! I'm so glad we're related! :)

Shannon said...

I love, love, LOVE you new family pic at the top of the blog! It's adorable! You guys are just too cute and fun. Wish you were heading our direction in your move. Maybe someday!