Monday, February 4, 2008

The GE Prom



GE has a formal event once a year and it's referred to as the "GE Prom". It's held at a hotel and everybody from GE Energy and GE Aviation is invited and it's formal. Dinner is served and dessert and appetizer and there's an open bar and then there's dancing. They even take your picture for free. We went on Saturday. It was a Mardi Gras theme. So funny be all grown up with kids and have prom! It was fun to get all dressed up and we doubled with these friends of ours from our ward. We had our sitter take the picture! I was going to get Craig a corsage, but he said he wouldn't wear it! :>

6 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve and Hailey said...

I'm so jealous. I really miss getting dressed up (Sundays just aren't the same). I love your dress. Is it Ann Taylor? Your hair is longer now. It looks really good too and the wreath..I love that too. Craig snaps to you on taking this hot thing to the prom. What did you do afterward...hehhehee. Okay maybe that's only funny to me.

Kent and Leisy said...

I also love the dress!! is it strapless? I don't think I could hold it up :) hailey, I thought it was funny!! how was the food?

taylor and laney said...

i would have bought the corsage for craig and forced him to wear it. i love the dress as well!

Rachael said...

what a gorgeous dress! i totally agree with the others. And with Leisy... if it's strapless I wouldn't stand a chance. It looks great on you. Was it a fun night? I always think work things will be nice and grown up and I end up being disappointed by lots of sleezy dresses and too much alcohol (but the food almost always makes up for that!). I hope your night was fabulous.

Chris Howell said...

Wow! You guys all look great! Did you have fun? The dressing up and having dinner part always sounds fun to me, but the dancing part... not so much.

mom

(Hailey, I thought it was funny too)