Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

Craig and Taylor joined forces on this pumpkin! So spooky! (Craig got a pumpkin for himself to carve but Katie had picked a rotten pumpkin so we ended up sharing, works for me! Just one fewer pumpkin that i have to hollow out!).
Here's Katie's pumpkin! She did it ALL by herself! Looks great Peanut!
Here's the back of my pumpkin, "SAD". When I saw this pumpkin in the field I couldn't turn it down! What great eyes! But they wouldn't show in the dark and I didn't want to cut them out so I had to do 2 faces!
Here's the front of my pumpkin, HAPPY!
Soph wanted a "princess pumpkin", of course. This is as good as I could manage. I like the eyelashes and lips!
They look pretty great all lit up!
Pretty great, huh? Why am I so crazy?
I finished sewing Craig's costume at 9:30 on Monday night and we decided to wake Katie up to show her the great results! Think she was scared?
Katie was taking the pix for us! Those are REALLY small face holes! Must be for little kids! Hee hee!
I know Katie isn't wearing a coat, but it was pretty chilly! Soph was freezing! The wind was pretty chilly too! Probably in the 40's.
Pretty night to be at the Pumpkin Patch! I think pumpkin patch/fall pix are my favorite out of the whole year!
This little pumpkin patch is just about 5 minutes from our house and it's got great apples and pumpkins and is cheap! They were doing great business on Monday night. I thought the sign was really funny! "pumpki", ha! That's funny!
Here's some pix with Taylor and the mummy at the museum!
More mummy pix! He looks good, doesn't he?

Last Saturday we went downtown to the Grand Rapids Public Museum. We got a family pass there this year and it's a really cool place to go. They even have a carousel and a planetarium! The planetarium was doing a "Spooky Tunes" laser light show. It was fun for Taylor Katie and I but Soph lost it at the first song! Too loud, too dark and too scary!
Monday night for Family night we went to the pumpkin patch and got our pumpkins, apples and the kiddos got donuts. Craig and I split a caramel apple, YUM!
We had the big Trunk or Treat ward party on Tuesday and Craig was mostly in charge of organizing it. I made him a fabulous mummy costume (much to his dismay). He looked great in it and Taylor was King Tut and I was Cleopatra. The girls didn't want to play along with our ancient Egyptian theme so Katie was a 50's girl with a poodle skirt and Soph was Alice the fairy (check the book by David Shannon, she really is Alice! I knew I liked that name!).
On Wednesday we carved our pumpkins! I just love the Fall. Every single second with the leaves so colorful and the air so brisk makes me want to make time stop so I can enjoy it longer.

6 comments:

Steve and Hailey said...

This post is so big! I have so much to say. I love Sophie's pumpkin. Who knew you could make a Jack 0' Princess so successfully. I love how you guys are trying to squeeze your faces into the tiny cut out holes. hahaha! Crazy Starkeys! Craig makes a really awesome mummy and Taylor with the little missing tooth is the cutest Pharaoh. You are some sassy cleopatra. I love it! What is Sophie....Love the update!

Derek said...

Oh, so fun! I love all the pictures and updates. Great pumpkins!! We need to carve ours this weekend, now that they probably won't turn to mush before Halloween. but I ALWAYS forget the candles. Better go get those soon!! :) Happy fall!!

Rachael said...

oops - that wasn't Derek. That was Rachael. :)

yaya said...

Everyone looks so cute! Even Craig! He's a good sport...and you look fabulous as brunette! Love Taylor's King Tut. So fun. The pumpkins turned out really good too. We had our Trick or Treat tonight so for me Halloween feels over...but I do still enjoy this fall weather!

Christina said...

We miss you guys sooo much! But it does look like you're having fun in Michigan. I loved the pumpkins and I especially loved the costumes. Awesome!! I wish I could sew.

Rachel said...

I seriously love Craig's costume! I've been thinking about calling you lately...and when I do it's always late at night so it hasn't happened yet. But one of these days you'll be getting a phone call ;).