Monday, July 21, 2008

Beach Babies!








Here's a video from our weekend family getaway to Charleston! We had so much fun! I'm still excited about it and it's already over! We left Friday morning and drove to Isle of Palms beach and played for a couple hours until we could check into our hotel. The weather was cloudy because of the tropical depressions off the coast, but it was wonderful because the heat and crowds were down! It sprinkled off and on, but was still plenty warm for swimming and the water was like bathwater. We checked into our hotel (we had a free night because of hotel points). It was kind of crappy (don't stay at the Hampton Inn, the location is great, but the hotel is managed by goof-balls and our "non-smoking" room nearly knocked me out). We did get a suite with a separate room for us though and that was wonderful!
Friday night we got dinner at Mt. Pleasant and then went downtown Charleston (5-10 min away)to walk around and get some ice cream. We looked at the Waterfront park to see if we could find the dolphins and we didn't see any this time. But the kids had fun playing in the fountain. Then we moved the van over to Broad street and walked up Church street(really cool old churches and cemetaries)to Maggy Moo's and got ice cream while it rained really hard. By the time we finished our ice cream, it was done raining and we walked back to the van and went back to the hotel and went to bed.
Saturday we woke up, had the complimentary breakfast and then headed down to Folly Beach. It was a nice beach too. More seashells. It was a little misty but still plenty warm. We stayed for about 3 hours then went back to Market street to Bubba Gump Shrimp for lunch. Lunch was really good and fast! Then we looked around the market a little bit. Craig got a funny new t-shirt and the kids got some toys. Taylor got a pirate set with hook and sword and eye patch and compass and eyeglass. Katie got "the Crazy cat lady" this weird plastic lady toy with lots of cats. Pretty funny stuff! It started to get really hot so we hopped in the van and headed back home! We got home around 7pm on sat. Just perfect!
We had so much fun and I hope we can do it again!

9 comments:

yaya said...

You can do it again only if you take me! Please,please,please...are we there yet???

Amy and Craig said...

yeah, come with us next year! come with us later this year! just let me know! We'd LOVE to have you along!

Rachael said...

that looks like a blast! I'm hoping we have a warm enough Saturday one of these days to drive out to my FAVORITE beach on Lake Washington. Ah, the beach really IS my happy place. Love the pics and videos!

Donna said...

WOW..I feel like I have just been on vacation too...how FUN!!!

Jordan said...

hey hon! i'm sorry we didn't get together while i was out there; it was kind of a poo-ey trip and there wasn't time for me to do anything i had on my agenda. i didn't even get to see my sister. but it looks like you guys had a fun weekend at the same coast! :)talk to you soon

Kent and Leisy said...

how many vacations do you guys get to have this summer!? you are spoiled! :) looks like a blast and PERFECT weather.

Steve and Hailey said...

That looks amazing! I'm really glad that you got a vacation for a weekend. Steve comes home today and I'll be able to call you! Jack would be so jealous of the pirate booty that Taylor got! Oh and when we went to Derek and Rachael's Jack was asking for Katie! I thought it was so cute. He's a little confused who belongs with what family!

Amy and Craig said...

We get as many vacations as I can fit into Craig's 2 weeks of vacation! i'm doing pretty well so far, aren't I?

donna said...

It really does look like fun. I want to go back to Charleston when you don't have to wear a coat! And since I'm from the 'left coast', I'm always amazed at warm ocean water. I think the waves are lower too.

So, sign me up! I'll come!