Sunday, August 19, 2012

Playing Catch up- Katie's Birthday (May 12th)

 We threw a Luau birthday party for Katie in May and here are some pix from the festivities!
 Don't the girls look soooo cute dressed up in their leis, grass skirts, sunglasses and flower for their hair?!! I picked those for their favors!
 I made each of the girls their own little cakes to decorate and we let them each blow out their own candles.
 Look how fun the the decorations were!! I had so much fun watching them decorate their little cakes. Katie  (unbeknownst to me) had promised them a water balloon fight so some of them came in their swimsuits (and some did not, thankfully Katie has a bunch of swimsuits to loan out). Thankfully the weather was warm and I had water balloon so we scrapped the games I'd planned and had a water balloon fight!
 Here's our impromtu water balloon fight. I used the prizes I'd bought for the games as a bribe for the girls to pick up all the water balloons from the grass and gather their stuff together to go home! Worked like a charm!
Here's Katie on her birthday, I have traditionally made her pink pancakes for her birthday breakfast! She won't let me forget it! 10 little pink pancakes! She's such a thoughtful, kind, helpful, hardworking girl!

2 comments:

yaya said...

That was such a great idea! I wish I had known it was a luau because I have all those little tiki torches for tables and I had tons of leis leftover from Phil's wedding reception. But it looks like you needed no help because it was decorated so fun! Katie is one of the sweetest little girls I know..of course I might be a bit biased!

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday to Katie. I hope you're all settled into the new place.