Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Reliving the glory days




Craiggle got me this full-size keyboard for Christmas and I'm happy to report that I've enrolled in piano lessons again. It's been a long time coming, but I'm really enjoying it. A lady in our ward teaches(no surprises there)and it's fun to be back at it. It did occur to me the other day while practicing a piece I'd played back in high school, that I'm at home reading books, doing chores, and practicing piano so not much had changed in the past 10-15 years. Then I remembered that since I'm the mom and in charge of all the other stuff too, maybe it was different after all. Sometimes I wonder though, if I haven't just started Kindergarten all over again (it sure feels that way).

5 comments:

Derek said...

I'm trying to learn piano for the first time. I'm a loser.

By the way, it looks like Craig might be a loser as well. In all the pictures below, he looks so skinny.

yaya said...

I love the color of the door. It really looks cool! Your desk is very pretty and it looks great with the book shelves. Good luck with the piano. I've always wished I could play. Actually, I'd love to learn violin!

Kent and Leisy said...

way to go on the piano. and I love the door! I agree with your mom- how will you guys leave in two years? and I had the same question as yaya.. do you think the hoa is going to bother you goes about the colors not matching? you guys must live in quite the ritzy neighborhood!!! I'm terrified to have my own house! how will I know what colors to paint things? and how to decorate!

donna said...

Good for you Amy! You were a quick study the first time and I'll bet you're picking it right up where you left off. I think it helps so much to be fearless.

Hey, when are you going to 'teached me bravery?'
mom

Rachael said...

good for you!!! That is so great. I'm trying to practice and picked up more music from my parents, which should help. Keep me posted!